News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

France has lovely hills for chocolate croissants.

Let's take both our hills and go there. 8)
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Nother 10 hour day on My Hill.

*sigh* good to be home.

Also good to see sib Chatty in Good Spirits!

(hey, maybe those *good thoughts* do actually work..... or, could it be Chatty has an 18 out of 20 constitution? <grin> )
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Heh...Chatty has The Little Green Pills (a very strong antihistamine) and is sleeping 18-20 hours a day, thus is coherent (as close as I get) when awake, and well rested enough to not care! Also, sufficient amounts of Octreotide Acetate for Subcutaneous Injection to Do a Shot when needed.

Maxed out my Medicare Drug Benefit DoNut Hole Thingy, so no more co-pays for a couple months!! I can afford all my meds on My Hill.

Aggie

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on January 16, 2008, 02:45:03 AM

:ROFL:

I'll see your ten and raise you another four 6.....  ;D      :P
WWDDD?

Quote from: Agujjim on January 16, 2008, 04:53:39 AM
Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on January 16, 2008, 02:45:03 AM

:ROFL:

I'll see your ten and raise you another 4.....  ;D      :P

Fair 'nough.

Ta'morrow, I get a break-- only a few things I _must_ do.

On my hill, of course.

Glad to see you're doing better, though, Chatty-- medis are nice, when they work.  Yes? Yes!

Griffin NoName

yet another 4 a.m. false dawn on my hill
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on January 16, 2008, 05:05:09 AM
Fair 'nough.

Ta'morrow, I get a break-- only a few things I _must_ do.

On my hill, of course.

Lucky.  I think I might get a day off on My Hill on Wednesday.  But not tomorrow.... 
Should be a good paycheque this time around though as I'll have racked up about a month's worth of overtime by the time this field stint is done.  Also have backup coming in tomorrow - the days won't be shorter but we might actually keep up with the work.
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

There are two types of weather that are capable of putting me in a foul mood--cloudy, gloomy, windless days and fog. Both we present on my Hill today. It was about as bad when I was driving home this evening as it was this morning as I went to school--about a 1/4 mile visibility at best. Never cleared up or burned off.

Ugh.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

I'll trade you for the arctic winds on My Hill.  Sunny, but CHILLY.  Great weather to be not be outside in nitrile gloves.
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I might trade you. I miss the sun and wind on my Hill.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aphos

Weather in the daytime has been great on my hill, but rather nippy at night.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin NoName

as long as the floods dont reach the hospital on My Hill I will not care what the weather is like ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Cloudy and overcast on My Hill, but it was shot day, so out we went!

Now I have a sore backside, but I feel better...

Life's a trade-off on My Hill!

Got lots of busy-work done on My Hill, today.  A classroom now can enjoy the cold weather (they have heat, now-- imagine that, such a modern idea..).  The occupants will likely enjoy the warmer conditions as well, I imagine.

Tomorrow, I must trek to somewhere south of Norman, OK, which is south of our state's capital, Oklahoma City.

It's 2 hours to OKC, and I am clueless how much farther than that.

It's at least 6 hours work, and then we get to drive home....

*bleah*

I keep imagining Don Henly's "If Dirt were Dollars, we'd all be in the Black".  I think he was talking about political dirt (or at least, gossip), but it also applies to plain ole' garden-variety dirt.

You know, the kind that grinds into your knees, gets under your fingernails, invades the corner of your eye (at just the inopportune time, when your hands are very septic and you DARE NOT rub your eye) and always manages to accumulate at the back of your bathroom sink faucet handles.... you know, that crevice you just can't get your scrubbie into very well....

Oh, and gathers under your gas pedal in your car, in spite of your expensive floor mat, and weekly vacuuming.

And is _always_ found on that last piece of candy you just dropped onto your freshly scrubbed kitchen floor that may _look_ clean enough, but there was this microscopic unseen dirt that magically jumps onto that last dropped piece, which you don't notice until you're about to pop it into your mouth-- too late, as you chew, you feel the grit between your teeth and your eyes _finally_ get through to your brain, "DIRT!" but it's too late... *CRUNCH*

THAT kind of dirt.

If it were _dollars_ we'd ALL be in the black.

*sigh*

But WHAT would we do for fun in the meantime? 

Aggie

On schedule to surpass 200-hours-worked-on-consecutive-days-since-a-day-off tomorrow on my Hill.  Yay!  (?)

WWDDD?