News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on December 31, 2007, 01:43:38 AM
If I may inquire, how do you define vulgar?

Installing ubuntu 7.10 on my father in law's laptop on my hill.

Oh, mostly vulgar language, which I think we could have done without.

Just got back from class on my hill-two days a week from 9:30am-8:40pm. I am well pleased.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Darlica

I'm leaving My Hill!

I have started the move from My Hill to my SO's Hill and mt mothers Hill. It feels sad even though I know I really need this change, I liked My Hill :(.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

In spite of my by-line, I finally got it right, for a particular customer, after the third electric motor.

On my hill.

But, now, it's right...

(it seems that sometimes, you CAN'T trust the color of the wires.... *bleah* )
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Going to survive teh flu on My Hill.

There were doubts... :Zzzz:
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Good. I may not survive my diploma on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Lazy Sunday on My Hill.

Nice.

After all the 10-hour days of late, it's a nice change.

But, tomorrow, it's nose to the wheel, crack o'the whip, feet to the ground, makin' that effort, huffin' and puffin' up the hill, tryin' to make rent.

You know.

Life at it usual pace...  ::)

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on January 11, 2008, 07:21:26 AM
Going to survive teh flu on My Hill.

There were doubts... :Zzzz:

GOOD!

I have some AEP executives that are seriously in need of some Smitin'  :censored:

(seriously, hope you're up and about Real Soon.  Good Thoughts your way...!!)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

gagging on a very stale croissant that was bought fresh only yesterday on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

14-hour Sunday (seems to be the usual this week) on My Hill.

And the freakin' rig blew hydraulic fluid AGAIN today.

WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Dang, Ag. Who has the rig? (And what kind is it?)

Oh, heck, it's been years since I was up on that stuff, never mind. (Dad was SCR guy for huge rigs and their computer stuff, world-wide. I'm the one that used to have to 'translate' on phone calls if he couldn't hear well. Which he couldn't. Because he wouldn't wear his hearing aids. I got so accustomed to what the problems were and how to handle them that I could take a call and give my opinion as I was explaining it to Daddy, and he'd say "What did you wake me up for, they can just listen to you.)

So, are the fluid valves computer checked? Manufacturer errors...damn, which manufacturer...were giving false readings leading to blowouts back in '95 in a North Sea application. Then, in Abu Dhabi, there was the rig with the microscopic crack in a joiner sleeve that blew every time it approached 70% of pressure. The sleeve didn't crack more, it allowed the joiner to blow.

Ya know, if I could clear this excess useless info out of my head, I would have a LOT less congestion in me tiny brainpan...on My Multi-insanity Hill...

Aggie

This was a little track-mounted soil sampling rig (6" solid stem auger); we are drilling a whole 6 meters deep.  Apparently it used to be a truck-mounted rig, now it's just a Frankenrig.

We blew out hydraulic fluid from two different failures on two consecutive sites.  We were supposed to be finished up on today's site on Friday... now we are cleaning things up AGAIN.  ::)

The rig is going home as soon as it's patched up enough to get mobile again.   

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

repeating attempt to eat stale croissant; am a glutton for punishment on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

Put it in the microwave with a damp teatowel over it.

5 seconds, wait, then 5 seconds.

THEN try it.

I'm the queen of Microwave Revivalism. Hmmm, new religion!!

Trying out the idea of Faith Based  :microwave: on My Hill.

Griffin NoName

the damp tea towel didn't taste too good on My Hill
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

Don't eat the tea towel... ::)

Next time, try setting a cup of water next to the croissant...or, do what I used to do, put water in a plate, put the perforated insert (ceramic) from a chilled butter dish on it (to hold the pastry out of the water but allow the steam) and nuke slightly.

Next time, try some jam on the tea towel. Does nothing for the texture, but improves the flavor greatly.

Cooking tips for the terminally lazy on My Hill

Griffin NoName

there's a toaster on My Hill with a croissant heating attachment which is fine when the croissant isn't filled with chocolate...... I need to move to a Hill where chocolate does not melt unless I want it to in order to realise my perfect life conditions.
Psychic Hotline Host