News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

A good one.  When each has their own, they'll fight to protect it, but also try to get some of what the other has.  When we share, we all get a share of what's there, good or bad, and can be content.

That or there's a lesson on the inherant selfishness of cats...  if there's only one bowl, you're best to keep quiet and lap faster!

WWDDD?

Afterglow

On my hill you will find the great NOMIS...  joe e ;)
JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

checking the toadfish site for like, twice in a month! yaaaaay and rejoicement.

I'll get the email updates set up PROPER now... they were going to my old email (bleaugk)

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Sibling Chatty

On My Hill, i'm happy to see Sib Q here!!

And i'm considering never opening an e-mail from another doctor again. Ever.

My Hill is going on a medical information strike.
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Welcome back, Sibling Chatty! Welcome Sibling Q!

Hope all is well for both of you, your your respective Hills.

Got a new cell phone on My Hill, today - connections are so cool.  This one was given to me by my work-partner, who it was given to him by one of our best clients (too old - go figure! hardly 6 mo old, but he has to have the latest).  It's one of those new-fangeled Moto Razor ones - worth well over $200US.  So.  Since I was saving to get a new one anyway, I spent that on a new earpiece instead - spent more that I should'a, but .. sometimes, ya just gotta splurge on yourself.

So- testing out my new headset on my new (to me) phone on My Hill.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

Workin' on me cutlass and pegleg on my Hill
WWDDD?

The Meromorph

Slaving away in a digital darkroom, on our Vacation Photos on my hill.
I've posted a few...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

munchin on foodstuffs, anticpiating watching Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight on my UU youth groups overnighter!

and the power went out about an hour ago at the church.

mwa ha haaa!!!!

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

Griffin NoName

waiting to set my clock back on my hill
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Being just kinda freaked out generally on My Hill.

I've tried being calm and sensible for years. Come Thursday, i'm turning over a new leaf, and will become a bizook, tweaked out weirdo. Oh, wait. Been there, done that, took too much energy.

Back to 'normal' if you call this normal, on My Hill.

Quote from: NoName on October 29, 2006, 01:33:29 AM
waiting to set my clock back on my hill

Now, all my clocks are automatic:  my cell's clock is set by the cell-phone company.  My PC has Atomic Clock applet, which sets it by the US Naval Atomic Clock.

My wall clocks are radio-controlled, from the US Time Broadcast signal.

Only in my truck, do I need to manually set the thing.

Living in an Auto-Time Zone on My Hill.

Sibling Chatty

Can you come reset the clock in my kitchen?? I HATE that clock. I've tried to reset it for YEARS, and it doesn't ever reset for me.

The one in the stupid van isn't much better.

Hating to change clocks is just a part of the reason to dislike Daylight Wasting Time. It made sense when there were farmers as most of the workforce, it doesn't now.

Trying to figure out how to slap the entire US Government for foisting this on us, on My Hill.

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on October 29, 2006, 04:38:16 AM
Can you come reset the clock in my kitchen?? I HATE that clock. I've tried to reset it for YEARS, and it doesn't ever reset for me.

Years ago, Mom used to set the timer on her oven for exactly 1 hour, and then run around and unplug the various electric clocks - some, she removed the battery.

Then, when the timer went off, she'd run around and plug them all back in, or re-install the battery.

Is your kitchen clock a battery or electric? <grin>

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on October 29, 2006, 04:38:16 AM
The one in the stupid van isn't much better.

Hating to change clocks is just a part of the reason to dislike Daylight Wasting Time. It made sense when there were farmers as most of the workforce, it doesn't now.

Trying to figure out how to slap the entire US Government for foisting this on us, on My Hill.

I agree, on My Hill, I usually leave the bedroom clock-radio (not automatic) as-is.  I don't use it much for a clock anyway (use my cell, which is always right there).

Same for my truck's clock - until at some point, at a traffic light that is particularly long, I'll reset the darn thing.

Not enjoying the STUPID time-change on My Hill. (I agree with Chatty - it's a dumb idea.  Put it one way or the other, and leave it! )

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

realizing I have to set my clocks back on my hill...
'
yet the two in my room, two digital alarm clocks, don't get set BACKWORDS, it MUST be set forward an entire 23 hours.

ugh. I have to hit the button 23 times, twice.

~Qwerty

Quote from: Sibling Qwertyuiopasd on October 29, 2006, 09:53:09 PM
realizing I have to set my clocks back on my hill...
'
yet the two in my room, two digital alarm clocks, don't get set BACKWORDS, it MUST be set forward an entire 23 hours.

ugh. I have to hit the button 23 times, twice.

~Qwerty

Try unplugging it, and see what the darn thing defaults to.  Then, about an hour or so after that default time (usually 12:00 am or 12:00 pm) unplug the thing, wait, and plug it back.  Then, its a relatively few clicks to set.

On My Hill. :P