News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Trying to organize My Hill.

What is all this stuff, and WHY is it stacked on My Hill?
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

It isn't. It's all stacked on My Hill. At least, there is stuff all over My Hill, mostly from the mammoth battle I have had getting my cell phone to work as a modem for my PC. Never in the history of womankind have there been so many cables and dongles and flashing lights and weird codes known only to techinical support people who probably reside in Panama.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

We have 7 computer carcasses of varying ages on our Hill. Several with the original Pentium processors in... One has an ancient tape back-up drive, but also has a CD-RW, a couple of other up-to-date things, Firewire (useful for certain videocameras) and a ton of memory.

The girl across the street's ex-boyfriend left this stuff with her, and he's recently become a guest of the state of Kansas for 15-to-life... Dan put together one working computer for her and she's happy. He gets to salvage stuff from the rest, so he's happy. I get to walk around it all...but Dan's happy so I am, too!

Anybody need a five and a quarter floppy drive? Or three? :ROFL: :ROFL:

Griffin NoName

My Hill would seem to bear a marked resemblence to Chatty's Hill. I still have a working PC with 5.25 floppy drive but I cut up all the 5.25 floppies and donated them to the Great Toadfish in the Sky-Water. I probably have every sort of cable ever known on planet My Hills too. Nevertheless, I never have what I actually need. My Hill operates under Murphy's Laws.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

8 of 10 Hill's operate under Murphy's Laws... ;)

I have a SO with a cold so bad he won't show up at my hill, and it was nearly 2 weeks since I last saw him. :(

Also, my hill has connection problems with the Monastery Hill  :-\
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Chatty

There is a 2 gig harddrive (remember when 2 gigs was HUGE?) on the sofa on My Hill. It is currently in use as a pillow for a dog person. However, the assorted screws, bolts, nuts and fasteners all over the floor indicate that said dog person has been playing in his Daddy's piles o stuff.

My Hill needs a big magnet. ::)

Sibling Chatty

Ourr Hill is undergoing Dan's occasional need to do computer stuff, AND tomorrow, we're getting 2 new (to us) monitors!!

Woo Hoo! No more 13" monitor that is jumpy, gray overcast and makes fizzy noises!!

And best of all, he'll have a complete Linux box soon, and can play with it instead of splitting Linux with my Windoze on this hard drive.

Happy computer times on My Hill.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Oooh! What's he running?
I have a RedHat and an Ubuntu. I like the Ubuntu better.

Currently, relaxing on my hill after work and the end of term. Dodging various requests to clean.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Washing winter clothes on My Hill. Last winters.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on December 16, 2007, 12:44:03 AM
Oooh! What's he running?
I have a RedHat and an Ubuntu. I like the Ubuntu better.

Currently, relaxing on my hill after work and the end of term. Dodging various requests to clean.

Running Unbutu, wants to run Debian also.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Very nice.

Dark now on my hill
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

The faulty engine on My Hill turned out to be a broken exhaust. There may yet be life after car trouble, but delivery of Christmas presents will be delayed and the bank balance will still suffer.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

WOOT! Dan got paid today instead of next week, on Our Hill.

Gasoline and groceries!!

Oh, crud, that means going shopping on My Hill... ::)

Griffin NoName

packing day on My Hill, but the cases need unpacking first from the summer trip; never do today what you can put off til tomorrow
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

I've invented winter and summer cases on My Hill and now only the fake breast, nail varnish, and pumping mechanisms still need packing. I need a snooze before attempting that. Considering turning My Hill into wall to wall suitcases for rapid get aways.
Psychic Hotline Host