News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The joys of Ireland....

Started by Pachyderm, March 29, 2011, 11:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

One of our consultants was out doing a survey the other day, and as he was diving in and out of a hedgerow, looking for badgers....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12895053
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That's placing occupational hazards in context.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Griffin NoName

Perhaps it belonged to the badgers?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

The Meromorph

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 30, 2011, 05:11:55 PM
Perhaps it belonged to the badgers?
Ner, it's squirrels that use grenade launchers. Badgers mostly use land-mines and claymores...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

...and I've heard the German ones have been spotted with knives. Pretty scary, considering how cranky they can be.

Swatopluk

And Australian kangaroos use SAMs (at least in the military flight simulator)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Lindorm

What was that earworm of a few years ago?

badgerbadger badgerbadger grenade launcher I saw a snaaake?

Well, something like that, anyway.

;)
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Pachyderm

Oh, it gets so much better. (He's fine, by the way)

Having found it, all wrapped up in plastic and hidden in the hedge (on the grounds of a school, incidentally), he went to the nearest Garda (Police) station, which is one that isn't manned 24 hours (it was only about half ten in the morning, but apparently there isn't any crime during the day in Leitrim). It did, however, have a number to call. This duly done, he was asked by the copper on the other end if "He could just put it through the letterbox...."

Leaving aside the screwing up of forensic evidence, and any potential booby traps attached to the thing, can you imagine walking down the main street of a town in the Republic of Ireland with a grenade launcher, and on being asked exactly what you are doing replying "I'm just off to the nearest Police station with this grenade launcher" in a Belfast accent....

Lindorm

I suppose it would have been one of those experiences that you look back upon (if you survive) and say "Well, at least it was eudcational".

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Hilarious! So what did he do, just tell them where to find it?

Pachyderm

Exactly that. Left at speed, never to return.

Opsa

Smart fellah... but the police!  ::)