News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Gainful employment?

Started by Pachyderm, November 04, 2008, 03:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Right.

I am looking for a job. I would be perfectly happy to move anywhere on the planet to work. (getting very bored of doing nothing but job searchy type stuff.)

Looking in the environmental/ecology field, and in emergency planning and disaster management.

If anyone comes across something suitable, could you let me know?

Thanks,

Andy
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Griffin NoName

Believe there's a post in emergencies and disasters coming up at the White House ;) ;)

Suppose it's a bad time to be looking for work. Be interested to know if Jobseekers actually do help, although I think they'd be my last port of call if I were looking. But maybe that's just prejudice.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

I know of at least one company that's hiring environmental techs.  One of my buddies is a project manager there (another one just started there after leaving an emergency response planning job, so I can give you a name of a company that might be looking to replace someone in that field).

PM me about your education & experience. Must be able to cope with working outdoors in extreme cold (-30 C) for extended periods of time, unless you wait until the spring.  Must also be fine with the fact that ultimately you're a slave to Big Oil. I'm not sure what the situation is with work visas and such, but being Commonwealth I think Canada may be easier than some places.

I think Australia should have some environmental opportunities open if you look around a bit.
WWDDD?